Liebster Award: Online recognition from fellow bloggers for fun new blogs!
I’d never heard of the Liebster Award, but I love it already! Apparently it’s a nice little shout out to growing blogs, sharing them with people that might not know about them and saying a little bit about why you spend your time reading them. How sweet!
It reminds me a little bit of those chain-mail about-me questionnaires that were big on MySpace but seem to have died out with Facebook.
But what is a “Liebster”? It sort of sounds like someones name. A remnant of the origins of the chain-award perhaps? I looked it up and it’s German! It appropriately means “sweetheart, beloved person, darling, dear, liked very much, affectionate, loving, favorite, preferred above others…” How fitting!! I love how there are German words for everything.
So anyway, this award goes in six parts:
#1: Give Thanks!
Say a little something about the person who nominated you
THANK YOU annabellaboobop for the nomination. I would nominate her back because she has an amazing blog, but that’s against the rules (no tag-backs!) and also would be kind of silly. I will recommend you check her out though! She blogs about the two things I love most – the beautiful Pacific Northwest and all things crafty. Just look at this! Love it
#2: Spread the Love!
Nominate up to 11 of your favorite bloggers
*Note: These are not in any particular order, and you are not obligated to pass this along. I think a few of my choices just recently got nominated already. Can’t hurt to share the love again though!
- The Love Pirate – Movie reviews and analysis
Her “Quotes of the Day” are a fun way to remember my favorite TV series’ like Firefly and Buffy. I like keeping track of her huge and beautiful cross stitch of Cinderella’s castle. & while I’m not a huge movie fan myself, I appreciate her reviews & postings of trailers since I’m so out of the loop.
- SewScrapMuse – Irregular updates on family life, books, league & cross stitch. Lots & lots of cross stitch.
Mostly cross stitch, but also a lot about her life which I enjoy seeing. She’s also just a generally kind and sweet person! She does “sharing is caring” posts pretty frequently where she reblogs things that other people have done. One of my top blogs for sure (:
- Emma’s Craft Projects
She mostly posts about cross stitch and crochet. My favorite updates are on her pokemon alphabet, and now her Lord of the Rings sampler!
- Thread Medley
Lots of pretty little cross stitches in a mix of classic home-style and modern motifs
- Little Grey Hedgehog
All-around gorgeous needle work, from knitting to cross stitch to old fashioned sewing. I look forward to her colorful, whimsical projects!
- Rabbit Girl Crafts – needlearts. weaving. books.
Books, cross stitch, and Friday round-ups of her favorite links
- Dartmoor Yarns – (Mostly) Tales of Knitting on Dartmoor
Just like it sounds, gorgeous traditional knits as well as tutorials and free patterns
- The Amateur Librarian – Book chat, Craft chat, Chit chat
Definitely up there in my favorite blogs to follow! Her posts are always so bright and happy little “day-in-the-life”s. It’s a little bit of everything, but with a focus on crafting
- Wee Little Penguin
Another happy and whimsical blog that brightens up my feed
- The 2nd 35 Years – Living a creative life since 1978
Amazing desserts & cross stitch – the perfect combination
- Coastal Crochet – For all things crochet inspired by coastal living…
Cute little crochet designs inspired by the sea – love it!
It’s funny how almost all of us use the “Button” theme on our blog!
#3 – Tell Us a Little About Yourself
Answer the questions your nominator asked
- What is your favorite drink on a hot day vs. a cold day?
On a hot day – a 20oz triple shot iced caramel latte! yum
On a cold day – Coffee. Any coffee. All coffee.
- Where would you say is the most beautiful place you’ve been so far?
Oh boy! This is a good question, but a hard one. Taking the ferry from Haines AK to Skagway AK was absolutely gorgeous. And the boat tour through the Fjords was incredible. It’s hard to pick just one place, but I have to say no question – the PNW in general is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. (Thank god I live here now!)
- What is your favorite spice (or condiment) that you use most often?
Pepper. Or cream cheese. I use it like a condiment lol.
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
Mushrooms and sausage!
- Did you teach yourself the skills you highlight in your blog, or were they handed down and/or taught?
I taught myself specifically how to cross stitch, but almost everything crafty I know how to do was taught to me by my grandma. She always had me doing crafty things as a kid. I think I knew how to use a sewing machine before I could tie my shoes haha
- What is the best movie you’ve seen recently?
Deadpool. It was okay, but I don’t really like superhero movies. Or movies lol.
- What is the best book you’ve read recently (you don’t have to be done with it yet)?
Stormlight Archives!! Probably pretty obvious with my giant Shallan Davar piece, but I can’t recommend it enough.
- Do you enjoy answering surveys? (an easy “yes/no” as a breather…)
Anything that means a break from finals is nice :p
- Describe what you see outside the nearest window right now (hopefully there isn’t a lot of travel involved in answering this one).
Some unnamed mountainous typical PNW tree-covered hills
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Whatever I’m eating. All of it.
- What’s your favorite museum?
All of them! There are some amazing museums out here. I definitely prefer Natural History museums to Art or Tech museums. Indigenous Art/Culture museums are great too.
#4 That Wasn’t Enough – Tell Us a Little More About Yourself
List 11 random facts about yourself
- I ❤ my cat D’artagnan
- I also have three little rattikins – Templeton, Fiona & Pinky
- I’m currently in school for my Bachelors in BioCultural Anthropology, with a minor in Environmental Science
- I’m a nationally certified wildlife tracker (Level II by CyberTracker standards (: )
- My other passion, besides crafting, is wild plants and how to harvest them and use them in traditional methods
- I started training to be a yoga teacher, but never finished it (yet!!)
- I want to teach kids about nature when I grow up
- I got SCUBA certified in the Puget Sound
- I really want a tattoo, but I’m too picky and indecisive
- I like playing Dungeons & Dragons
- I’m binge watching Merlin right now
#5 – Questions for My Nominees
Come up with 11 questions
- Where/How did you learn the things you blog about?
- What’s your favorite/most memorable vacation?
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve had recently?
- What are you watching lately?
- If you had to be reincarnated as an animal, what would you be?
- What do you like to learn about (in school or in life)?
- Growing up, what were your favorite toys to play with as a child?
- Wish one thing to come true this year, what would it be?
- Would you rather visit the world 100 years into the past or 100 years into the future?
- What makes you antsy if you haven’t done it in a while? (What relaxes you?)
- What would you do if you did not have to work? (If you pick travel, be specific!)
#6 Logo Time!
The last requirement is to post a Liebster image. I stole this one from Miss GG’s Closet
(And, of course, let the people you nominated know!)